Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City to Launch This Week
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is set to release this week. This latest installment in the incredible Resident Evil series boasts an impressive list of features for players to look forward to.
- Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe
- Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add to the action
- Return of favorite RE enemies, including Hunters, Tyrants and the Nemesis
- Risk infection from the hordes of zombies, zombie dogs and lickers. Fight to survive with anti-viral sprays, your character’s special skills or help from field scientist Bertha before your character’s condition worsens, turning you into a violent zombie who will attack your own team members
- Compete with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad member in Campaign mode
- Choose from six U.S.S characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
- Features iconic landmarks and RE classic characters, such as Leon S. Kennedy and Hunk.
- Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Destroy all evidence of Umbrella’s involvement at the City Hall and discover UBCS operative Nicholai Ginovaef’s true intentions
- Explore Raccoon City, collecting evidence and intel to report back to Umbrella command
Raccoon City is a third person, team based shooter where players take control of different classes to work together and defeat an enemy team while zombies and other terrible monsters cause confusion and add another level of threat.
In addition to this exciting take on multiplayer battles, it will also feature a compelling single player campaign, where players will take on the role of a member of the Umbrella Security Service, in an attempt to destroy all evidence of Umbrella’s involvement in the t-Virus outbreak
The game seems pretty exciting, and all the gameplay seems very solid. This isn’t to say it’s perfect though. There are some things that might rub customers the wrong way. Namely, platform exclusive, day 1 DLC upwards of 5 dollars. From costumes, to an entirely new game mode.
In the end though, definitely a game that will be worth picking up, even if just for the multiplayer alone. It promises to be very in depth and engaging.